



So, Darren (our neighbor and friend), had this great idea to do some end of the season water skiing. We went up this morning about 9 and it was a lovely 50 degrees. Once we were out on the boat with it going fast, it was ICY. Darren went first on the wakeboard and it didn't look like he was all that cold, so I decided that since we'd gone all the way up there I might as well get in. I did it the manly way which was to just jump in. Bad idea. It was so cold it took my breath away. It took me a full couple of minutes to adjust. I got up on the knee board and my face, hands and feet (the only parts of me not covered with the wet suit) were icy. I bet I couldn't move my facial muscles for 5 minutes after I came in! The good news was that since it was rather chilly there weren't any other boats out so the water was still and smooth (which you can probably see in the pictures). When we were coming in and getting the boat back on the trailer, the boys were running around the loading area. Marc tripped and fell straight into the water. He wasn't in his swimming gear because we figured it would be too cold for the boys. He stood there shaking until I could get out to undress him and wrap him in blankets. It was just too funny not to laugh though. All in all, it was an awesome end of the season boating day even in spite of the cold.

1 comment:
Poor Marcus, I can't believe my poor baby fell in....Reminds me of the time, I was trying to get out of a boat when I was young and I didn't wait for someone to help me or for the boat to be properly secured and I had one foot on the deck and one foot on the boat and the slid apart and one of my legs when in the lake up to my crotch. LMAO....still makes me laugh when I think about it.
Post a Comment