Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving




We had a fun Thanksgiving full of family and food. We ate with Lynda and the rest of Brian's family and then went to Mom's for dessert. As always, we had a political discussion with the siblings (which never seems to change anyone's opinions). When we left Mom's, we went back to Lynda's since their family usually plays cards all night. We ended up playing Phase 10 til 1:30 in the morning. John's chair collapsed which was the highlight of the night since he had no time to react and was flat on his back before anyone knew what happened. We laughed all night-not just at that.




Last night Brian and I were laying in bed at probably 10:30 when I realized we hadn't checked all the doors to make sure they were locked. I sent Brian out to do the man's work. He hadn't been gone 30 seconds when I hear screaming and other strange noises. Apparently the cat had been hiding in the dark and decided to attack Brian. All Brian heard were little clicking noises on our hard floor and he thought he was being attacked by a camel spider (bad flash back from Iraq). So he screamed. When he told me what had happened I laughed for nearly a half hour. I just couldn't stop picturing the "Puss in Boots" attack on my own husband. Fear me if you dare :0)

No comments: