We got to California by mid afternoon Saturday the 25th. Everyone was pretty worn out so all we did was swim and then have pizza.
Day 2 was more fun. We got up early to go to sacrament meeting at the Anaheim 4th ward. We were ready an hour early because Brian and my clock was set an hour fast for some reason. After that we came back to the condo, had some lunch and set off for Universal Studios. Unfortunately, Universal Studios was doing a lot of really scary Halloween stuff, so the kids were a little freaked out. At one point people dressed as zombies came running out and scared people, then they started doing a dance to "Beautiful people" by Marilyn Manson. The kids hated it, they thought it was scary, but I love dancing and it was well choreographed. Not to mention the makeup and costumes were awesome. None of my pics of the dance turned out, but I did get one of the girls to pose for me so her pic is included.
Other than that, Brian, Aly and I went on the Jurassic Park ride. I screamed for a minute, but the drop at the end (the 84 foot drop) was so far it took my breath away. Aly loved it. The other kids and Lynda waited at the bottom for us and we waved as we came by.
We saw Shrek 4D, the Animal Factor, and we played at the Curious George exhibit. Most of the pics were taken at the Curious George exhibit where the kids could throw balls all over. You can see Megan is taking cover and when I tried to get pics the kids kept turning away watching for flying balls. That was probably their favorite part of the whole day!

No comments:
Post a Comment